Electronics, Toys and more at up to 40% OFF
here for a free price quote on a new or used car
out what you're worth
In Depth Questions Index
Matt & Nan DeLuca, authors of the
best sellers "Best Answers to
the 201 Most Frequently Asked Interview Questions" and "More
Best Answers to the 201 Most Frequently Asked Interview Questions, answer your tough questions.
For more possible interview questions and answer tips, review the questions
in the Interview Question Bank
job-interview.net offers the
followings guides for immediate download:
- The first
interview happened at my university. What goes on in a 2nd
- How do I handle questions about my grades
or requests for my transcripts?
- I am currently going through the interview
process for a summer internship. I wanted to know how honest
should I be during an interview.
- It's my first job. What can I do/say to
convince the interviewers I will be able to handle the job despite my lack of
- You have a degree.
Don't you think this position is a bit below your capabilities?
MILITARY TO CIVILIAN
- What makes you
think your management experience in the military will transfer over
as experience in the civilian workforce?
- I am married
to an Air Force officer and as such I move once every 3-5 years.
I dread the questions, "Why did you leave your last job" and
"Where do you see yourself five years from now". Are
there any tactful or positive ways that I can tell a prospective
employer that I won't be with them for the next election?
- How can I ask the interviewer to
negotiate (my salary), after the fact that I have already given him my
price? The interviewer acted as if the figure I gave was more than what he had in
- What do you expect your starting salary
- I will need to take
a step back in salary. I don't know how to handle the question "
What is your current salary"?
INTERVIEW SITUATIONS - BEFORE THE
- What are is the Situation Task Action
Results (S.T.A.R.) method?
- What is
the proper way to ask for relocation packages and interview fees?
- How do you explain why you are now
returning to work after many years of child rearing?
- How would a person deal with
questions as to why they might have been off work due to a previous injury?
- I have a job interview and my
baby is due in three weeks. The company does not know that I am expecting.
- I have just been released from
jail. Any suggestions about interviewing with a felony record?
- I have
been employed as a temp with different companies. How
do I answer the question, "Why have I had so many employers in the
last two years?""
- I am a female seeking a
job in a male-oriented profession. How do I show the interviewer that I am
not afraid to get my "pretty, clean hands dirty"?
- What is
a women's dress code for interviewing?
steps can I take to increase my effectiveness in a telephone
INTERVIEW SITUATIONS - DURING THE
- If hired, how
soon will you be able to start work?
- How do you explain being terminated
from your last position particularly when that position gave you the skills that you'll
need to succeed in your career field?
- What do I say if I don't want a prospective
employer to contact my current employer?
- What if a person has years of
experience, but no college degree to back it up?
is the best way to "close" an interview?
- With all your experience why would you
want to take an entry position job?
INTERVIEW SITUATIONS - AFTER THE
- After an interview, when do I write
a thank you letter?
- Do I
send a follow-up thank you letter after a second interview?
- How long after the interview before
I call to see if I have been hired? What do I say or ask?
- How much
follow-up is enough? I have sent follow up letters and have
made numerous follow up calls to a start-up firm.
- When do you notify a prospective
employer of nonrefundable vacation plans?
INTERVIEW IN DEPTH QUESTIONS
Here's a listing of the questions, click on the question to
review Matt and Nan's expert analysis.
- Describe a challenging
work issue you had to face, and how you dealt with it?
- How do you handle conflict?
- If you were on a merry-go-round, what song would
be playing? If you were going to be an animal on the merry-go-round, what would you
- In what way do you think you can contribute
to our company?
- Tell me a story.
- Tell me about a time when you tried and failed.
- Tell us about your analytical
- What are some of the things you
find difficult to do?
- What are your short and long term goals?
- What can you add to what we have already asked
you that should make us want to hire you?
- What does "customer
service" mean to you?
- What do you wish to gain from our
- What do you know
about our company?
- What do you think the employee's
responsibilities are to the company?
- What is your biggest weakness?
- What motivates you?
- What things make a good team member?
- Why do you feel we should hire you
for this position?
- Why do you want to change jobs?
- Why do you want to leave this job
after only four months?
INTERVIEW IN DEPTH QUESTIONS -
- How do you deal with an unhappy or
- What are the attributes of a good
- You have an
exemplary employee who suddenly starts coming in late. How will
you handle this situation?
Want to submit a question?
click here and submit only one question. Thank you.